Thursday, July 2, 2015

I'd like to welcome you to my blog.  My goal: to talk about myself (which I don't really like to do) and my experiences with essential oils (which I really LOVE to do).  I've had severe anxiety and a bout of depression here and there and I have been on a search for oils that can help alleviate some of those symptoms.  They're not a cure... but manmade medicine isn't either.  
What I love about doTERRA is that these oils are made completely from plants and derived from the resources where they are found naturally.  I don't know if Lavender grows naturally in somewhere like Montana but it is grown in large fields in France.  That's where the oil is derived from.  It is the top grade therapeutic oil.  They are currently not regulated by the FDA, these oils are better than some you might decide to try that are cheaper.  Guess what?  You get what you pay for.  Those are not therapeutic grade and are diluted.  They are not the purest of pure oils and barely are much different than your lavender scented lotion you buy at the big box stores.  Those are fragrances and are COMPLETELY different.  
Anyway, so my experience was to try to help anxiety and depression.  However, I also have this little lingering booger called "insomnia" and surprisingly, I have completely changed my ability to fall asleep through the use of essential oils.  In particular: lavender and cedarwood.  Lavender alone didn't help me but neither have prescription drugs.  
The ultimate thing I hope you get out of this is that pharmaceutical drugs toxify our bodies.  Essential oils detoxify them.  PLUS-- you'll be completely surprised at how much money you spend by not having to go to the doctor for silly things like sinus infections and allergies which I once had to do! But was able to clear it up pretty well on my own without the use of pharmaceuticals.  
This is just the start of my journey and I hope to share with you new information so that you know that essential oils aren't just for "hippies."  I'm just tired of relying on a over-the-counter and prescription medicines.  I no longer take sleep aids.  I rub them on my wrists.  It's great and just overall more soothing.  The best part is that there aren't that huge list of side effects that those drugs have.  Think about the last drug commercial you heard on television.  It could help with this but could cause this and this and this.  Really?  
So. Here I am, introducing myself to the world in my journey.  
I am a college-educated woman with a degree in journalism. I'm an aunt to two fabulous little boys, I'm a daughter to the luckiest parents ever, and I'm one of the most loyal friends you'll ever find.  And... most of all, I love my essential oils.  
Take a stroll with me on this path.  I'll share my experiences. Recipes for food and essential oil recipes.  Uses of essential oils.  And really anything that I find pertinent to discussion.  I'm open to questions and nothing is too silly.. Yes, essential oils can be used on your dog, cat, or even horse.  
So, come along with me through the fields of lavender.  It'll be a pleasure to take this journey and if you want more information about the company itself, feel free to visit my website at http://mydoterra.com/kristindudley

Thanks for reading this far and have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment