Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Always in my Purse...My Rollerball Addiction

OHHHH... EEEEE... OWWWWW... ARGGGGGHHHH. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Oh the pains that we still have when we're away from home.  However, as long as you have some essential oils that you carry with you, you can keep going about your business and do what you do.

Have a purse that's a disaster? I certainly do but I have a special little expandable sunglasses case that contains all of my favorite rollerballs right now!  They're the ones I go to quite often so they've earned their spot to be carried with me at almost all times.


I finally organized some of that mass chaos and wanted to share some of the ones that have so far provided me the most relief and the ones I have certainly incorporated into everyday life.  So get ready... Here's some awesome rollerball recipes and of course, when I'm around friends and family, I say...

So here is some of my favorite rollerball recipes plus a couple that are helpful during the summer.
One thing I like to note, I like my rollerballs strong so sometimes if it says 10 or 20, I might give a couple  more drops for good measure and it makes them a little more potent.  

FCO stands for Fractionated Coconut Oil which is my carrier oil of choice.  
When making rollerballs, there is no certain amount of it to use of FCO... 
Just fill your rollerball concoction up to the top with it. 


Headache Blend
10 Drops Frankincense
10 Drops Peppermint
10 Drops Lavender   +FCO

I rub it on wrists but mostly on my temples and above my brow bone as my headaches are generally sinus or allergy related.  It feels so good and so soothing.  The peppermint gives a nice cool sensation.

Then my favorite:

Freak Out Rollerball
 25 drops of Serenity
25 drops of Balance + FCO
I put it on my wrists any time I'm feeling a little anxious and sometimes I just douse myself in it.  I often use it as part of my pre-bedtime ritual oilings too.  It's fantastic.  While it seeps into the cells, also inhale it off of your wrists.  It's great in a pinch.... or even just to mellow. 
---------------------------------------------------------------
Allergy+Decongestant
10 drops Peppermint
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Lemon
10 drops Melaleuca +FCO

The trifecta of all oils LLP.... and melaleuca acts as your decongestant.  This stuff has been great this year when allergies are awful and the sinuses are all plugged up or you're feeling kind of coughy. 
----------------------------------------------------
Bug Bites
10 drops Lemon
10 drops Lavender
10 drops Peppermint + FCO

I swear, I must be tasty to those little guys. Plus, I've always been super allergic.  I used to use Afterbite but it really didn't do anything except make me itch more and give me a funky rank scent.  At least you can alleviate the itch and smell good too.  And yes, it really does work. I am a scratcher because those allergies to those little mosquitoes make me have little whelps the sizes of quarters.  
I can't handle that.  



Happy Camper 
(For bumps, scrapes, bites, rashes, bruises, burns and a makeshift deodorant)
10 drops Frankincense
10 drops Lavendar 
10 drops Melaleuca  + FCO

First off.. I'm not much of a camper.. but this is pretty much great for any little ouch.  Though I've not had to use it as a makeshift deodorant, I'd give it a try. Sure, why not?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boo-Boos
(Great for cuts and blisters!)
30 drops Lavender
30 drops Melaleucha

Soothing and healing... This is an awesome blend too!!! 
This is also a very common blend that can be put together really fast for kiddos.  It will help alleviate discomfort but melaleucha will help rebuild the skin cells. 
--------------------------------------------
SleepyTime
25 drops Lavender
25 drops Cedarwood +FCO

This is one I make super strong because I am an insomniac.  I remember first trying lavender.. No dice... The cedarwood was the trick to help me.  And this is another one I completely douse myself in.  I diffuse it during sleep and I roll it on. It goes on the wrists....the forehead...temples...neck...forearms... This is the ultimate must have for me personally before bed. 
-------------------------------------------
NEW ONE!!!!
This is a new one I just made... The rain made me funky.. I don't have much energy... I feel blah. So.. I looked for something uplifting and while it has been suggested as a diffused blend, I took a leap of faith and made up my own recipe using the suggested oils.  So, here we go.. I really made this one strong too so feel free to tweak. I admit.. I might have overdone it. This has been a diffused blend that is common to aid in the blues, helping to boost your mood and also helps with depression. 
ELEVATE ME!
25 drops Lime 
25 drops Wild Orange
15 drops Peppermint
10 Frankincense +FCO

I know.. It's a lot of oil... And again, I tweaked it.  I love the citrus smell of Lime and Wild Orange.  The peppermint is pretty soothing and calming and Frankincense... well, it's a pure gift from God.. or..I guess really the wise men, but anyway... Note: I am not a cheapskate but I like to build my oil collection so when I use Frankincense, I mean business because it is one of doTERRA's most expensive oils because of its numerous healing properties.  
------------------------------
AND FINALLY...I offer you my Bug Spray in a Bottle recipe
Again.. I am so freaking tired of mosquitoes and bugs because they love me like a fat kid loves cake 
(It's cool... I love cake too).
SO it is still in tweak mode since the mosquitoes, chiggers, and ticks are SOOO bad this year. 
However, many people I had read about were using JUST TerraShield which might work by itself but thank goodness for all of this humidity and wet climate in Missouri, 
it really doesn't do much on its own right now at the start of summer. 


I will be honest: I've heard mixed reviews.  It hasn't worked quite as well one one of my nephews and he is super allegic to bugs like I am.  However, when I went into the woods and had had a cough, I noticed that when I had used eucalyptus on my chest for a cough, that the eucalyptus had helped keep the ticks off.  However, I picked no less than 10 each off of my nephews while spending just 20 minutes or so out in the fields of grass.  
SO.... it works pretty well. Especially when you use a lot of it.  
I also use it when I am about to go to sleep because you know what??? Those little buggers get in the house and they swarm right in your ear as you are starting to sleep.  
I spray a little cloud of it on my body to prevent bites in the night.  
OK. So here it is... Feel free to tweak and the more bug infested you are, the stronger you might want to make it but I wouldn't go much over 40-50 drops of TerraShield.  If you have to, tweak the lemongrass and eucalyptus.  That's what I did. However, there's other recipes I am willing to try.  
DRUM ROLL... Here it is. 

Well.. so now you've taken a peek inside my purse.  

One other rollerball I use is Past Tense which is good for tension headaches.  
Use it high above your brow bone, temples and also rub on the back of your neck.
Past Tense is one of doTERRA's specifically designed rollerballs.  This isn't one you make but it is awesome and I will definitely be addressing it within the blog soon.  

P.S. I just smelled my Elevate ME! new rollerball on my wrist and it put a perk in my step or at least I think I'm typing faster so this might be a real winner! I do know this: If you choose to diffuse it, scroll up and use the same doTERRA essential oils and put in 2 drops of each oil. 
It's a wonderful uplifting mist.  


So, that's just a start to my rollerball madness.  
I am constantly looking for more and as ailments come up, I try to crank them out. 
For example, my mom is having issues with plantar fasciitis.  I'm working on that one.  
We also have family history issues with an unhealthy thyroid 
so I'm working on finding a blend to help support that. 

Rollerballs bring me great happiness and the ability to actually make something that is better than any OTC product I could possibly try makes me feel so much better.  It's so nice to roll a little essential oil on my wrist and my headache disappear shortly after or to put a little concoction on a bug bite and it doesn't itch like mad.  It's just overall relief.  It sure beats stocking up the medicine cabinet with products filled with chemicals I can't pronounce.  


Please note, I am not a healthcare professional.  I am a Wellness Advocate for doTERRA essential oils.  These are well-researched essential oil rollerball blends.  Different blends may work differently for different people.  However, with a good tweak, there's almost always a great suggestion. 

Have a fantastic day ! And enjoy making your rollerballs! 

Questions? Contact me!  
Or for more information on doTERRA essential oils, check out my website:







1 comment:

  1. Kristen---I make a purse for the oilers. You can see it on facebook under 'Montana Threads'. Happy oiling. Marge B.

    ReplyDelete